Thursday 5 June 2008

The Leon H Sullivan Summit Arusha

I had a unique but embarrasing moment at one of the VIP entrances where President Jakaya Kikwete was exiting from.
I stood oin one corner and posed like a veteran security agent, my UN card of course doing alot to provide cover in case of any emergency.
So while Kikwete was approaching a line of Tanzanian VIPs began forming next to where i was standing, i just joined in the foray.
When he appraoched me my card decoded to get exposed, the guy read my name and asked; "you from Rwanda?" Yes i repled, he said, "Send my greetings to your president."
So Mzee, if you are a fan of my blog, there you are, and i will need pay for delivery.
Peace.
Anyhow, as the summit progressed i learnt better how to position myself and meet the other VIPs that were attending, they were very many.
But for the record, i managed to see and stand next to Rev Jesse Jackson and Ambassador ANDREW yOUNG.

Dont have any illusions, this is not a name dropping contest but notes of a Rwandan journalist stationed i Arusha, where else do you meet such people..and if you are not a hustler journalist?
I will write about the more humiliating encounter with a 'black' American lady who was fooled by the internet and whatever otherbrochure she read that all Africans are ignorant and therefore need translation services to be able to understand anybody from a wesren country.
Fuck that ex slave.................

No comments: